Spicy Honey Garlic Chicken in the Pressure Cooker
A quick meal for the family, this recipe with chicken thighs in an Asian-inspired sweet and sour sauce cooks in only 9 minutes using a pressure cooker.
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoons Sriracha chili garlic sauce
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
Adapted from pressurecookingtoday.com
Add garlic, chili sauce, soy sauce, ketchup and honey to pressure cooking pot. Stir to combine. Add chicken to the pot. Cover pot and lock lid in place.
Select High Pressure and 9 minutes cook time. (It will take about 10 minutes to reach high pressure.)
After 9 minutes cook time, turn off pressure cooker and use a quick pressure release.
In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in 2 tablespoons water. Add cornstarch mixture to the sauce in the pot stirring constantly. Select Simmer and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. After sauce thickens, add fresh basil to the sauce.
Serve over rice.
You'll also love
- Low-Carb Oven Fried Chicken 4.3/5 (26 Votes)
- (Korean BBQ Chicken) Dak Bulgogi 4.3/5 (26 Votes)
- Honey Garlic Chicken Skillet 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- spicy shrimp with cauliflower mash... 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Ham & Beans - Instant Pot 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Grilled Pineapple Chicken Sandwich 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Chicken Pot Pie... 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- One-Pan Honey Garlic Chicken 4.4/5 (9 Votes)