Grilled Pineapple Chicken Sandwich
Skinny Grilled Pineapple Chicken Sandwich
by Skinny Mom Team | May 17, 2014
If you’re looking for a quick and easy grill recipe that the entire family will love then you have to try this recipe for Skinny Grilled Pineapple Chicken Sandwiches. This recipe only calls for a few ingredients but packs big flavor with the sweetness of the pineapple and the bold flavor of the Teriyaki sauce. Fresh pineapple will hold together better on the grill but you can use canned pineapple rings as well, just make sure to be really careful with the pineapple.
- Chili Mayonnaise:
- 4 — 4 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups of reduced-sodium teriyaki marinade (nutrition calculated with 1/2 cup)
- 3 Tbsp chili mayonnaise (see recipe below)
- 4 pineapple rings, fresh or canned in it's own juice
- 4 whole grain sandwich thins
- 1/2 cup light mayo (nutrition calculated with 1/4 cup)
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 3 tsp Thai chili sauce
- Optional Toppings*:
Preparation time 180mins
Cooking time 195mins
Adapted from skinnymom.com
1. Place chicken breasts in a shallow baking pan or dish. You can even place chicken in a Ziploc® storage bag.
2. Generously cover the chicken with the teriyaki marinade with 1 cup of marinade.
3. Place chicken in refrigerator for at least 3 hours or even overnight for additional flavor.
4. Using non-stick cooking spray, lightly coat an indoor or outdoor grill.
5. Cook chicken on grill, turning to cook evenly on both sides.
6. Use remaining ½ cup of marinade on chicken while grilling, but reserve ¼ cup to use with pineapples.
7. After chicken has cooked, remove chicken and set aside.
8. Add pineapple rings to grill and add ¼ cup of marinade to pineapple rings while cooking. Cook for 2-3 minutes until pineapple is heated through.
9. Add sandwich thins to grill and grill both sides until golden brown.
10. To assemble sandwiches stack chicken breast, pineapple rings and Chili Mayonnaise to buns and serve immediately.
11. Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl. Refrigerate until serving.
You'll also love
- Cantaloupe and Pineapple Jello... 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Grilled Shrimp Tacos Topped with... 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Naan BBQ Chicken Pizza 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Low-Carb Avocado Chicken Salad 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Cucumber Tea Sandwiches 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Chicken and Asparagus Lemon Stir... 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Baked Sticky General Tso's Chicken... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Pineapple Chicken Salad Wraps 4.4/5 (14 Votes)