Pear, Beet & Gorgonzola Green Salad
Tuck into this delicious, fresh pear and beet salad, complimented by salty gorgonzola. Makes for a light dinner, or a tasty lunch!
- 2 peeled beets
- 4 cups firm Bosc pears, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 ounces Gorgonzola or blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 large shallot, peeled and chopped
- 1 (5-ounce) bag spring-greens mix
Adapted from health.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Wash beets, leaving wet, and wrap individually in foil. Arrange beets in roasting pan or on baking sheet; bake 90 minutes or until tender (poke a thin-bladed knife through foil to test). Cool in foil. (To cook on stovetop, place beets in saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil and cook over medium heat until tender. Cool. This takes less time than baking--45 minutes to an hour.) Dice beets.
Toss pears with lemon juice in a small bowl; cover, and refrigerate up to 2 hours. Place diced roasted beets and cheese in 2 separate bowls; cover, and refrigerate up to 2 hours.
Combine oil and next 5 ingredients in a bowl, stirring with whisk.
Remove pears, beets, and cheese from refrigerator 15 minutes before serving; bring to room temperature.
Place greens in a bowl; top with pears, beets, and cheese, and drizzle with vinaigrette.
You'll also love
- Martha Stewart's Fried Turkey... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Spiced Pumpkin Pie (gluten free,... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pie Milkshake 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Sweet Potato & Pear Soup with Sage 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Chicken Thighs with Apples, Onions... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Basic Beet Juice 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Pear and Beer Gingerbread... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)