Roasted Beets and Kale Salad
This takes a little bit of time, but is soooo very delicious!
- 6-8 beets
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- 6-8 pieces of bacon
- 1-2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 apple, cut into strips (I prefer honey crisp)
- 3 bunches kale, multi colored. Center ribs removed and ripped into pieces.
- pecans or almonds, toasted
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- goat cheese
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- finishing salt
Cooking time 75mins
Scrub beets well and cut off ends. Drizzle each beet with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Wrap each individually in foil. Bake at 400 deg for 50 min. Cool until able to handle. Peel outer skin and slice.
Meanwhile, cook bacon till crisp. Drain grease. Heat olive oil in pan. Cook garlic and shallots till softened. Add kale, adding more olive oil if needed. Cook until slightly wilted.
Combine in large bowl the kale mixture, beets, pecans, crumbled bacon, apple, lemon zest and juice and crumbled goat cheese. Finish with additional olive oil if needed, drizzle of balsamic vinegar if desired and coarse finishing salt.
You'll also love
- Snapper Francese 3.9/5 (13 Votes)
- Sweet Potato and Turkey Soup 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Spaghetti with Peas and Tomato... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Escarole with Spaghetti 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Pork Soup with Escarole 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- French Lentil Soup with Sausage... 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Healthy Beet Cookies 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Kale and Mushroom Stroganoff 4.3/5 (26 Votes)