Festive Cranberry Jell-O Salad
A classic holiday dish and a potluck favorite. This pretty salad is so, so good and couldn't be easier to make! Delicious as a side dish or as a dessert.
- 1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 2 small (3-ounce) packages cherry or raspberry Jell-O gelatin (SF works too)
- 1 (14 to 16-ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 large pear (or apple), peeled and diced small (I used an anjou pear)
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped (optional)
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups Cool Whip for topping
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 345mins
Drain pineapple well (squeeze or press out all the juice), reserving the juice in a 4-cup glass measuring cup or bowl. Add enough water to the juice to measure 3 cups. Microwave the juice until it comes to a boil.
Add dry gelatin mixes to a medium mixing bowl; whisk in the boiling juice mixture until completely dissolved, 2 minutes. Add the cranberry sauce and stir until dissolved. Refrigerate 1-1/2 hours or until thick but not congealed.
Stir in drained pineapple, pears, and nuts, if using. Pour into an 11x7-inch glass dish (or similar).
Refrigerate at least 4 hours or until firmly congealed.
Spread Cool Whip over the top right before serving time, or cut into individual squares and top each with a small dollop.
You'll also love
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie - 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Fresh Tomato Sauce w/ Sautéed... 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Figgy Toffee Pudding 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Mini Manchego Tarts 4.2/5 (16 Votes)
- Grilled Fruit Salad 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Cupcake Tree 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Cranberry Ginger Martini 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Pecan Cranberry Baked Apples 4.6/5 (9 Votes)