Strawberry Rhubarb Pie -
- Buy or make pie shell. I use the store bought flat prepared pie
- dough. Usually comes in package with 2 9 inch round pieces.
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoon quick cooking tapioca
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 cups of Rhubarb cut in 1/2 inch pieces (about 1 pound)
- 2-3 cups of sliced strawberries
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 65mins
Combine sugar, tapioca, salt, nutmeg together.
Add rhubarb and strawberries, mix well to coat fruit.
Let stand about 20 minutes.
Let pastry come to room temperature as the fruit sits for 20 minutes.
Take one 9-inch round pastry part and put it in a 9 inch pie dish. Press sides of pastry to sides of pie dish. With a folk poke holes on the bottom to let out steam. Follow directions of the store bought pastry.
Next pour in pie filling. Dot with butter on top of the fruit. Put the second pastry round on top of the pie and pinch the edges to the bottom piece edges.
Cut four slits in top pastry shell to let out steam.
Bake at 400 degrees F. for 35-40 minutes.
You'll also love
- Fresh Tomato Sauce w/ Sautéed... 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Garlic Rosemary Zoodles 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Figgy Toffee Pudding 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Chickpea Avocado Salad Sandwich 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Cranberry Ginger Martini 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Pecan Cranberry Baked Apples 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Best Ever Strawberry Rhubarb Pie 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Baked Rhubarb Rose Preserves 4.6/5 (7 Votes)