Beef Stew Crockpot Style
Use your slow cooker to make this thick beef stew with carrots, potatoes, mushrooms and green beans. Serve with a crusty bread and enjoy!
- 2 to 3 pounds beef round, cut into 1 - 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium size bag small carrots
- 2 stalks celery, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into large slices
- 3 large potatoes, cut into 2-inch pieces or small bag of new potatoes (8 potatoes)
- 12 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon, dissolved in 1 cup hot water
- 1 (28-ounce) petite tomatoes, diced
- 1 package frozen peas, or green beans
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 330mins
Add the following to a 5 quart crockpot: carrots, celery, onions, potatoes, mushrooms, bouillon, and tomatoes.
Coat cut meat in flour, salt and pepper; and place on top of vegetables.
Cover and cook on high for about 2 hours. Lower temperature to low and cook an additional 5 hours. Add peas or beans and cook an additional 1 hour.
Canned green beans or peas may be substituted.
You'll also love
- Box Cake Mix Cookies 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spritz Cookies 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Puree' of Celery Root & Yukon Gold... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Vegan Nachos 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Potato Cheese Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Schupfnudeln with Sauerkraut &... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- French Country Chicken Stew 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Crockpot King Ranch Chicken Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)