Pressure Cooker Sweet Onion Teriyaki Chicken
Pressure Cooker Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki puts dinner on the table in about 20 minutes! Serve over rice for a traditional teriyaki meal.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup reduced sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken stock or broth
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch mixed
- 2 tablespoons water
With lid off of the pressure cooker, heat oil on Brown or High until sizzling. Add onion and cook until it begins to caramelize, about 8 minutes.
Cover with chicken, teriyaki sauce, stock, garlic and onion powder, toss to fully coat.
Secure lid, cook on HIGH 8 minutes, perform quick release, remove lid and set to Brown.
Whisk brown sugar and cornstarch into 2 tablespoons of water and add to cooker, stirring into the sauce. Simmer 2 minutes to thicken.
Serve chicken smothered with heaping spoonful of the onions and sauce.
You'll also love
- Overnight Blueberry French Toast 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Latin Fried Chicken 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Chicken Enchilada Casserole (Low... 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Stuffed Deviled... 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Chinese Cabbage with Chicken Soup 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Chicken Thighs with Cilantro Sauce 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Canning Butter in a Pressure Cooker 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Grilled Teriyaki Chicken with... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)