Beet & Apple Salad
This easy version of beet and apple salad calls for jarred horseradish and supermarket apple-cider vinegar.
- 4 large beets, 2 1/2 pounds
- 5 thyme sprigs
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup apple-cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1/3 cup salted pistachios, chopped
- 1 green apple, thinly sliced
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 135mins
Adapted from foodandwine.com
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
In a baking dish, lightly drizzle the beets and thyme with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with foil and roast until the beets are tender, about 1 hour and 45 minutes. Let cool, then peel the beets and cut them into 3/4-inch dice.
In a large bowl, whisk the vinegar with the mustard. Whisk in the remaining 1/2 cup of oil until emulsified. Add the horseradish and season with salt and pepper; toss with the beets and pistachios. Transfer the beets to a platter, top with the apple and serve.
You'll also love
- Beet Salad with Goat Cheese, Green... 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Rosemary Mint Lamb Chops with... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Apple Crisp 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Leek Soup with Shoestring Potatoes... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Gourmet Butternut Squash Burritos 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Tomato Cutlet Antipasto 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Hot Chicken Salad 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Peach Margaritas 4.5/5 (6 Votes)