Vegan Creamy Pumpkin Soup
A coconut-milk-creamy and vegan pumpkin soup recipe sprinkled with almonds and fresh rosemary. Simply delicious, healthy and gluten-free, too.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 pumpkin, peeled and cubed
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, diced
- 4-5 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2-1 cup coconut milk
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from avocadopesto.com
Heat oil in pot over medium heat. Add onion and cook for a few minutes until translucent. Add pumpkin and garlic and continue to cook for a few more minutes.
Add rosemary and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer until pumpkin is soft and cooked through. Add salt to taste.
Puree soup in a blender (in batches) and return to the pot.
Add coconut milk and simmer for another minute or two.
You'll also love
- No-Bake Raspberry Cream Pie 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Roasted Garlic Mashed Turnips 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Leek Soup with Shoestring Potatoes... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Fall Curry Chicken 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Gourmet Butternut Squash Burritos 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Kabocha Squash Soup 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Turkey Mole Soup 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Pumpkin Chocolate and Brie Grilled... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)