Curried Pumpkin Carrot Soup
Curry and ginger add delicious flavor to a creamy coconut milk pumpkin soup. Potatoes and carrots are a hearty addition to the Hokkaido pumpkin base.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 2-inch piece fresh ginger, minced
- 2 heaping teaspoons curry
- 1 Hokkaido pumpkin about 2 lbs, peeled and chopped into 1 inch pieces (approximately 2 pounds)
- 5 to 6 small potatoes, diced
- 5 to 6 carrots, peeled and chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 container vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can coconut milk
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 70mins
Adapted from swissmissinthekitchen.blogspot.ch
Heat large soup pot at medium-high heat. Add coconut oil and onion, sautée until translucent. Add garlic, ginger and curry cook for 2 minutes. Add pumpkin, potatoes, carrots and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
Add vegetable stock. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer 20 to 25 minutes, until vegetables are soft and tender.
Turn off heat and purée with an immersion blender. Season with salt and pepper throughout adding ingredients. Add coconut milk and stir.
Reheat before serving and enjoy!
You'll also love
- Classic Pumpkin Pie 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pecan Brownies 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Strawberry Vanilla Jam - Reduced... 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Beet Salad with Goat Cheese, Green... 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Carrot-Shaped Cheese Spread Recipe 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Pumpkin Soup: Spicy Pumpkin Soup 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Snap Pea Salad with Whipped Ricotta 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- 5-Ingredient White Ziti 4.5/5 (6 Votes)