Best Light & Fluffy Dinner Rolls
Here's the recipe for these rolls..they're easy to make and I think they should be called Never Fail Yeast Rolls. They are the best light and fully dinner rolls I've made!
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups hot tap water
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup softened butter or vegetable shortening
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 265mins
Sift together two cups of the flour with the sugar, salt, and stir in the yeast.
With mixer at low speed, blend shortening or butter into the flour mixture.
Add the hot water (the hottest it comes from your tap, all at once, with mixer running. Add the egg, and continue mixing. Add in the remaining two cups flour to make a soft dough.
At this point, I changed my mixer beaters for dough hooks and let the mixer knead the dough for about ten minutes and then put it into an oiled bowl, cover with a towel and allow to rise in a warm spot until doubled, about two hours.
Punch dough down.
At this point it can either be refrigerated or shaped in rolls or loaves and allowed to rise a second time until doubled, usually about an hour.
Bake in a preheated 375°F oven until barely brown.
May be frozen after baking and reheated to serve.
You'll also love
- Wick's Sugar Cream Pie 4/5 (143 Votes)
- The Absolute BEST Crockpot Beef... 4.3/5 (101 Votes)
- Disneyland Bengal Barbeque Spicy... 3.9/5 (208 Votes)
- Pancake Bites 4.6/5 (71 Votes)
- Pizza Hut-style Cheese Bread 3.8/5 (215 Votes)
- German Bretzen, Soft Pretzels 4.5/5 (62 Votes)
- 60-Minute Dinner Rolls (Yes,fresh... 4.4/5 (59 Votes)
- Best Hamburger Buns - Made in an... 4.1/5 (44 Votes)