Best Light & Fluffy Dinner Rolls
Here's the recipe for these rolls..they're easy to make and I think they should be called Never Fail Yeast Rolls. They are the best light and fully dinner rolls I've made!
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups hot tap water
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup softened butter or vegetable shortening
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 265mins
Sift together two cups of the flour with the sugar, salt, and stir in the yeast.
With mixer at low speed, blend shortening or butter into the flour mixture.
Add the hot water (the hottest it comes from your tap, all at once, with mixer running. Add the egg, and continue mixing. Add in the remaining two cups flour to make a soft dough.
At this point, I changed my mixer beaters for dough hooks and let the mixer knead the dough for about ten minutes and then put it into an oiled bowl, cover with a towel and allow to rise in a warm spot until doubled, about two hours.
Punch dough down.
At this point it can either be refrigerated or shaped in rolls or loaves and allowed to rise a second time until doubled, usually about an hour.
Bake in a preheated 375°F oven until barely brown.
May be frozen after baking and reheated to serve.
You'll also love
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (902 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Spread 4.5/5 (685 Votes)
- Breakfast Pockets 4.5/5 (242 Votes)
- Strawberry Coconut Chia Seed... 4.5/5 (210 Votes)
- Valentine Vegan Baked Lavender... 4.6/5 (197 Votes)
- Golden Corral Rolls 4.4/5 (172 Votes)
- Buttered Rosemary Rolls 4.6/5 (102 Votes)