Red Pepper Rouille & Shrimp Toasts
Rouille is a French sauce that's traditionally made with peppers and served with fish. It's used here for an easy and flavorful shrimp toast appetizer.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon saffron threads, crumbled
- 1/2 cup roasted red bell pepper from jar, diced and drained, patted dry
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 24 large shrimp, uncooked, peeled and deveined
- 12 4x1/2-inch sourdough baguette, diagonally sliced
- Drained capers
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Finely chop garlic cloves with cayenne pepper and saffron in mini processor. Add roasted red pepper and vinegar to processor; blend until almost smooth. Blend in mayonnaise. Season rouille to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer 1/3 cup rouille to medium bowl. Add shrimp and toss to coat. Arrange sourdough baguette slices on baking sheet. Spread each slice with rouille. Bake until bottoms of toasts are crisp and rouille is darker in color, about 10 minutes.
Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, spreading in single layer. Cook until just browned and opaque in center, about 2 minutes per side. Arrange toasts on plate. Place 2 shrimp on each toast; sprinkle toasts with capers.
You'll also love
- Tuna Casserole (saladmaster) 4.2/5 (10 Votes)
- Caramelized Apple Vinaigrette 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Lobster Mac & Cheese 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Charcoal Grilled Scallops 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
- Chickpea Dip with Italian Parsley... 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Dirty Pirate Popsicle 4.1/5 (12 Votes)
- Shrimp and Udon Noodle Dish-Today... 4.2/5 (10 Votes)
- Shrimp Corn Fritters with Red... 4.2/5 (10 Votes)