Celery Root, Carrot And Pear Remoulade
- 1 large celery root peeled, shredded
- 1 large carrot peeled, shredded
- 2 firm ripe pears halved, cored, and shredded
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup thinly-sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- (or 1 tspn dried tarragon)
- 3 tablespoons minced parsley
Toss together celery root, carrot and pears in 2-quart bowl. Combine lemon juice, mayonnaise, green onion, mustard and tarragon in small dish. Add to celery root mixture, tossing until well mixed.
Put plastic wrap directly on salad to prevent contact with air; cover bowl airtight. Refrigerate at least 3 hours or as long as 3 days.
To serve, let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Toss in parsley. Taste and adjust seasonings.
This recipe yields 12 to 16 condiment servings.
Each of 16 servings: 83 calories; 130 mg sodium; 10 mg cholesterol; 6 grams fat; 7 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram protein; 0.56 gram fiber.
You'll also love
- Shrimp And Mushroom Curry 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork Ribs, Sausage And Vegetables... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Flank Steak With Garlic Butter 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sour Cream Raisin Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Caramelized Corn Chowder 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Toasted Orzo Salad And Pear... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Holiday Turkey With Apple-Pear... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Carrots With Cognac 0/5 (0 Votes)