Sour Cream Raisin Pie
- 1 1/3 cups raisins
- Boiling water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch cloves
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3 egg yolks beaten
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 nine-inch pie shell baked until
- light brown
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup sugar
Filling: Barely cover raisins with boiling water; let stand 1 hour. Drain well.
Combine sugar, salt, cornstarch, nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves. Add sour cream, buttermilk, egg yolks and lemon juice. Add drained raisins. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened to pudding-like consistency, about 5 minutes.
Chill until firm, about 45 minutes. When cool, spread filling into pie shell.
Meringue: Beat egg whites, vanilla and salt until light and foamy; add cream of tartar and beat to soft peaks; add sugar gradually and beat to stiff peaks.
Spread meringue on top of pie and bake at 425 degrees to brown meringue, about 5 minutes.
This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.
Each of 8 servings: 394 calories; 279 mg sodium; 122 mg cholesterol; 16 grams fat; 59 grams carbohydrates; 6 grams protein; 0.36 gram fiber.
You'll also love
- Chino Latino Roasted Duck With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Caramelized Corn Chowder 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Potato Salad With Black Olives 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Toasted Orzo Salad And Pear... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baja-Style Fish Tacos With Salad... 0/5 (0 Votes)
Review this recipe