Pork Ribs, Sausage And Vegetables With Sauerkraut
- 3 jars sauerkraut - (2 lbs ea) drained, washed
- 2 cups water
- 3 pounds pork spareribs cut into pieces
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Hungarian paprika to taste
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 green bell peppers seeded, chopped
- 2 celery stalks - (to 3) chopped
- 4 polish sausages cut 1/2" slices
Place sauerkraut in large pot with water. Cover and simmer over low heat 2 hours.
Meanwhile, place spareribs in large baking pan and season with salt, pepper and paprika to taste. Add onion, bell peppers and celery. Cover and bake at 350 degrees in top third of oven until tender, 2 hours.
When almost done, add sausages and bake 10 to 15 minutes. Mix in sauerkraut and cook 30 minutes. Serve meat and sauerkraut together.
This recipe yields 12 servings.
Each serving: 492 calories; 1,590 mg sodium; 122 mg cholesterol; 37 grams fat; 9 grams carbohydrates; 29 grams protein; 1.79 grams fiber.
You'll also love
- Masterbuilt Smoked Pork Ribs 3.8/5 (215 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ribs 4.5/5 (68 Votes)
- Flank Steak With Garlic Butter 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sour Cream Raisin Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chino Latino Roasted Duck With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Noodles With Turkey Sausage And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Duck Sausage 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin En Croute 0/5 (0 Votes)