Pecan Cranberry Baked Apples
Sometimes the simplest seasonal foods make for the *best* desserts!
- 4 organic, local apples
- 1/2 cup homemade organic pecan butter - recipe: http://www.keyingredient.com/recipes/772825036/homemade-pecan-butter/
- 1/2 cup organic dried cranberries
- 1 tsp organic cinnamon
- 2 TB organic extra virgin coconut oil
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Using a melon baller, scoop out each apple's stem and continue down past the seed cavities. Don't take away too much of the apple itself, leave enough room for 1/4 cup of filling in each apple.
In a saucepan, heat the pecan butter, dried cranberries, cinnamon, and coconut oil over low heat, stirring occasionally. Once the coconut oil has melted, the mixture will come together easily. Remove from heat.
Place the apples in a casserole pan. Spoon about 1/4 cup of the filling into each apple.
Place the pan in the oven and bake for 35 minutes.
Cool slightly before digging in.
You'll also love
- Mushroom Quinoa Stuffing (Vegan... 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Italian Sausage and Lentil Soup 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Chipotle Orange Pork Ribs 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Lemon Pastries 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Lemon Raspberry Galette 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Stella Artois Cidre Apple Crumb 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Blueberry Pancakes and Kiwis 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Cranberry Chutney Relish 4.6/5 (5 Votes)