Paleo Cream of Asparagus, Celery, and Zucchini Soup Recipe (gluten free, dairy free, autoimmune friendly)aleo
I love soup. This cream of asparagus, celery, and zucchini soup is right up my alley. This soup is not fancy. It is not bursting with exotic flavor. It is smooth, warming, and comforting. Sometimes I like my soups to be a little plain. Sure, fancy so...
Read More at www.deliciousobsessions.com/2013/02/cream-of-asparagus-celery-and-zucchini-soup-recipe-gluten-and-dairy-free/ © Delicious Obsessions
- 1 large sweet onion
- 10 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 small head of celery
- 1 bunch of asparagus (mine was approx. 1 pound)
- 6 small to medium zucchini
- 3 quarts of chicken stock (homemade if possible)
- 1 tbsp. lemon thyme (or regular thyme)
- 3 large bay leaves
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- 2 cups coconut milk or heavy cream
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
Adapted from deliciousobsessions.com
Chop your onion and garlic.
2. In a large soup pot, melt a couple tablespoons of coconut oil, add the onions and garlic.
3. While the onions and garlic are cooking, rough chop the celery, zucchini, and asparagus. If you are going to puree the soup, you can make them really rough chopped. If you want to leave it chunky, you might chop them into more even bite-sized pieces.
4. When the onions and garlic are lightly browned, add the chopped veggies (not the parsley).
5. Add your chicken stock and bring to a simmer.
6. Cover and let simmer on low heat for approximately 45-60 minutes, or until all the veggies are really soft.
7. Rough chop your parsley and when the veggies are soft, add the parsley in. Cook for 5 more minutes.
8. Remove from heat and using your hand blender, puree until smooth.
9. Stir in your coconut cream or heavy cream.
10. Taste for salt and pepper and adjust if needed.
11. Top with fresh parsley or chopped cilantro.