Fresh Asparagus Soup
This delicious soup can be made with canned chicken broth or by boiling leftover chicken bones. You can make a "not-so-light" version of this soup by substituting real bacon and heavy cream for the turkey bacon and light milk.
Soup may be frozen before milk is added.
- 2 lbs. fresh asparagus, diced
- 12 slices turkey bacon, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 32 oz chicken broth
- 1 Tb olive oil
- 1/8 tsp white pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dill weed
Saute turkey bacon on medium heat about 10 minutes. Add onion and garlic and continue to cook until tender. Remove from heat.
Microwave asparagus until tender, about 8 minutes. Reserve 1 cup of asparagus.
Blend remaining asparagus with chicken broth in blender. Heat asparagus/broth mixture with bacon and onions in a soup pot. Add pepper and salt and simmer for 1/2 hour, stirring occasionally. Add reserved asparagus pieces and heat for 1 minute. (At this point, soup may be frozen. Just add milk when heating.) Add milk and continue to heat just until hot (not boiling).
You'll also love
- Harissa-Marinated Top Sirloin Tips 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Sweet Teriyaki Beef Skewers 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Easy Banana Cake 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Cranberry Almond Coffee Cake 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- III Forks Cream Corn 3.9/5 (10 Votes)
- Cheesecake Factory Pumpkin... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Asparagus and Spinach Frittata 4.4/5 (7 Votes)