Roasted Fennel and Pears with Parmesan and Thyme
From Shape Oct. 2014
- 1 medium fennel bulb
- 1 large firm, ripe pear (Anjou)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh thyme
- 3 tbsp. freshly grated parmesan
Preparation time 17mins
Cooking time 22mins
1. Preheat oven to 500 dF. Trim and reserve fennel fronds and cut off stalks. Quarter the bulb lengthwise and slice each quarter into 3 wedges. Peel, halve, and core pear and slice each half into 4 wedges.
2. Line a large baking sheet with parchment. Arrange fennel around edges of baking sheet and pears toward center; drizzle with oil, and season with salt and pepper.
3. Put the baking sheet in the oven. Roast until fennel and pears are almost tender and bottoms look golden, about 15 minutes. Flip piece, sprinkle with thyme and Parmesan, and return to the oven until cheese is melted, about 2 minutes more. Transfer to serving platter and garnish with reserved fronds.
You'll also love
- Pumpkin-Gingerbread Ice Cream... 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Pork Schnitzel with Quick Pickles 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Scary Slime Green Bean White Bean... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Ocean Spray Cranberry Cake 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Balsamic Chicken and Pears 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Pomegranate and Pear Salad with... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Mahi-Mahi with Fennel, Olives, and... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)