Ahi Tuna & Crab Tower with Avocado Salsa
- Crab Salad Mixture:
- 3 tb olive oil
- 1 tb champagne vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon zest, grated
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pinch ground pepper
- 2 tb mayo
- 12 oz crabmeat (preferably Dungeness)
- Avocado Salsa:
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pinch ground black pepper
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 10 oz fresh ahi tuna (sushi grade)
- long english cucumber, peeled & sliced
- 2 cups frisee
- orange and grapefruit segments
1) For the crabmeat salad: Whisk the olive oil, champagne vinegar, lemon zest, mustard, salt and pepper together in a small bowl. Measure 3 tb of the vinaigrette into a medium bowl and mix with the mayo. Add the crabmeat to the mayo mixture and toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until needed. Set aside remaining vinaigrette.
2) For the avocado salsa: Toss the avocado, coriander, salt, papper, and lime juice in a medium bowl and set aside.
3) For the tuna: Season the tuna with salt and pepper. Sear the loin of tuna in a hot pan or with a propane torch keeping the tuna raw in the middle. Set aside to cool. Slice into thin 1/8 inch slices approximately 5 slices per portion. Total 30 slices.
4) To assemble: Place a 3 inch wide round biscuit cutter in the center of an individual plate. Place three slices of cucumber on the bottom. Use a slotted spoon to press 1/3 cup of the avocado salsa into the bottom of the cutter using the back of a soup spoon. Press 1/3 of the crabmeat salad evenly into the cutter on top of the crab. Gently lift the top of the cutter up and away from the plate to reveal the crab tower. Repeat the procedure fives more times with the remaining ingredients.
5) Dress the Friseé: With the remaining champagne vinegarette, dress the Friseé. Place a few sprigs of the dressed Friseé on top of each crab tower and arrange the orange segments around the towers. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Blue Ribbon Carrot Cake 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Panera Bread) Black Bean Soup 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Whole Wheat Banana Bread - No Yeast 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Breakfast Breads: Banana Bread 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Red Snapper over Sauteed Spinach... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- P.F. Chang's China Bistro Shrimp... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Steamed Whole Fish With Ginger And... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Macau Shrimp And Rice Noodle Soup 4/5 (1 Votes)