Macau Shrimp And Rice Noodle Soup
- FOR THE SOUP:
- 1/4 cup Chinese rice wine (or dry sherry)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon shrimp paste
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 ounces dried rice vermicelli noodles - (1/2 pkg)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 10 ounces uncooked medium shrimp shelled, deveined, and tails left intact
- 1/2 onion sliced thinly
- 3 cups chicken stock (or canned chicken broth)
- 2 green onions trimmed, and cut into 1" lengths
- 4 lime wedges
Stir together the seasoning ingredients; wine, lime juice, chili garlic sauce, fish sauce, shrimp paste and bay leaves in a small bowl.
For the Soup: Pour enough warm water over the rice noodles to cover completely. Soak until softened, about 15 minutes. Drain completely.
Heat a wok over high heat until hot. Pour in the oil and swirl to coat the sides. Add the shrimp and onion and stir-fry until the shrimp turn pink, about 2 minutes. Add the seasonings and stir-fry for 1 minute. Pour the stock into the wok, add the green onions and bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute. Stir in the rice noodles and cook until heated through, about 1 minute. Discard the bay leaves, and ladle the soup into four individual serving bowls. Garnish with the lime wedges.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Chicken Pad Thai 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Grandma's Fish Cakes 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Roast Drunken Duck 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Lobster And Pesto Cream Pasta 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Alaska Snow Crab Stir-fry 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Morel Mushroom Ravioli 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Chili's Steak or Shrimp Fajitas 3.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Pascal Manale's Barbecued Shrimp 3.1/5 (7 Votes)