Langostino & Avocado Salad
Langostino are hard to find fresh, but you can find them frozen at Trader Joe's. In addition to the Langostinos, this salad features fresh greens with avocado, onions, tomatoes, all topped off with a balsamic vinegar dressing. Enjoy!
- 8 ounces cooked and peeled langostinos
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 head green leaf lettuce, trimmed, rinsed, and dried
- 1 garlic clove, minced or pressed
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
To make the dressing: combine the garlic, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Whisk to mix well, then add the olive oil and whisk until thoroughly mixed and emulsified. Taste the dressing for seasoning and set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine the langostino, avocado, tomatoes and onion. Drizzle the lemon juice over and stir gently to thoroughly mix the ingredients.
Stack a few of the lettuce leaves on a chopping board and loosely roll them up. Cut across the leaves to form strips. Repeat with the remaining lettuce. Arrange the lettuce on individual plates.
Whisk the dressing to remix and pour it over the langostino salad. Stir to evenly coat the ingredients in dressing. Spoon the langostino salad over the lettuce and serve.
You'll also love
- Alaska Snow Crab Stir-fry 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Pineapple Upside Down Cheesecake 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Rabbit With Quince, Garlic And... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Zesty Lemon Pork Stew 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Summer Grilled Chicken with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- 10-Day Tummy Tox Chicken Avocado... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- grilled chimichurri chicken... 0/5 (0 Votes)
Review this recipe