Panera Bread) Black Bean Soup
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1/4 large red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 small chicken bouillon cubes
- 1-1 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
In a pot, combine the first six ingredients; simmer for 10 minutes.
2Add half a can of beans, salt and cumin; cook for 5 minutes.
3Puree soup (I use an immersion blender which makes it easy to do it right in the pot).
4Add the rest of the beans to the soup.
5Combine the cornstarch with 1 1/2 tablespoons of water.
6Add the lemon and the cornstarch to the soup; cook until thickened.