P.F. Chang's China Bistro Shrimp Dumplings
- 1 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp, washed and dried
- 2 tablespoons minced fine carrot
- 2 tablespoons minced fine green onion
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 package wonton wrappers
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 ounce white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon chile paste
- 1 ounce granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- Sesame oil to taste
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaves
Take 1/2 pound of the shrimp and mince fine in a food processor.
Take the other 1/2 pound and small dice.
Combine remaining ingredients. With a small spoon, place
approximately 1/2 ounce of the mixture into the skin. Moisten the
outside edge. Fold corner to corner (opposite) and seal. The top
should look like a cross. Place on a plate covered in refrigerator
until ready to serve. Combine sauce ingredients and mix very well.
Have a soup pot filled with water. Bring to a boil, then down to a
slight boil. Line the bottom of a Chinese steamer with a light coat
of vegetable oil or a nonstick spray. Place dumplings in steamer.
Cover and steam for 7 to 10 minutes. Dumplings should be firm with
an internal temperature of 160 degrees F.
Either serve in steamer or remove to serving plate. Place 2 ounces
of sauce in a small dish or bowl.