Mocha Cherry Cookies Recipe
These unique cookies have flavors of coffee, cherry, chocolate, and even walnuts, resulting in a complex and unexpected flavor profile. These delicious treats are worth sharing!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Additional sugar
- Melted semisweet chocolate, optional
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
In a bowl, cream butter and sugar and fluffy. Add vanilla.
Dissolve coffee granules in water; add to creamed mixture with cocoa.
Add flour and mix well. Stir in cherries and walnuts.
Shape into 1 1/4-inch balls; roll in sugar. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
Bake at 325°F for 20-22 minutes. Cool on wire racks. Drizzle with chocolate if desired.
1 serving (2 each) equals 196 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 106 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
You'll also love
- Lemon Torte 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- BOBBY’S LIGHTER LEMON BARS 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Smoked Salmon Spread 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Crash Potatoes - Two ways 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Pistachio Shortbread Cookies 4.4/5 (30 Votes)
- Sugar Cookie Cut-Outs 4.4/5 (30 Votes)
- Cherry Cream Cheese Bake 4.3/5 (39 Votes)
- CHERRY CREAM CHEESE PIE 4.4/5 (31 Votes)