Easy Cherry Pie Sugar Cookie Bars
These cherry cookie bars could not be easier to whip up. Made with sugar cookie mix and canned cherry pie filling, this simple recipe results in a chewy and fruity cookie bar you'll love.
- 1 (17.5-ounce) pouch sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (21-ounce) can cherry pie filling
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from mostlyhomemademom.com
In a medium bowl, whisk the egg. Stir in contents of sugar cookie mix pouch and melted butter. Keep mixing until thick dough forms.
Remove 3/4 cup of dough to a smaller bowl and set aside. Press remaining dough into a greased 9x9-inch square baking pan.
In a separate bowl, stir together cherry pie filling and almond extract. Spread over sugar cookie dough in baking dish.
Break up remaining dough into small chunks and sprinkle over top of cherry pie filling.
Bake at 375°F for 20-30 minutes, or until edges are golden brown. Cool before slicing and serving.
You'll also love
- Coconut and Almond Candy 4.5/5 (45 Votes)
- Whole Chicken in a Crock Pot 4.5/5 (46 Votes)
- Peach cake 4.5/5 (45 Votes)
- Chipotle Popcorn Chicken Recipe 4.5/5 (45 Votes)
- Flourless Cinnamon Pecan Cookies 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Creamy Rice Pudding 4.8/5 (25 Votes)
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake 4.6/5 (40 Votes)
- Ham: Baked Ham with Spiced Cherry... 5/5 (4 Votes)