White Chicken Chili
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 T. olive oil
- 6 c. chicken broth
- 6 15-1/2 oz. cans Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 5-oz. cans chicken, drained
- 2 4-oz. cans diced green chiles
- 2 t. ground cumin
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1-1/2 t. dried oregano
- 1/4 t. white pepper
- 12-oz. container sour cream
- 3 c. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Adapted from gooseberrypatch.com
In a large stockpot over medium heat, sauté onions in oil until tender. Stir in remaining ingredients except sour cream and cheese. Reduce heat; simmer for 30 minutes, stirring frequently, until heated through. Shortly before serving time, add sour cream and cheese. Stir until cheese is melted.
Serves 16 to 20.