Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dump Cake
Pumpkin filling, then the cream cheese piped out of a little plastic bag to get an even layer (don’t worry about making it pretty, you won’t be able to tell after it’s baked!). Pour the cake mix over, poke holes (not pictured), pour butter and then top with cinnamon sugar (not pictured). Then bake! Just like traditional pumpkin pie, this dessert tastes better cold and even better the next day because the flavors get more intense! So it’s really a perfect dessert to make the day before :) Top it off with some whipped cream and you’re set! I actually used 1 pint of whipping cream and whipped it with 1/2 a package of hershey’s white chocolate instant pudding mix. This keep the whipped cream stiff and it never melts making a mess
- 8-ounce cream cheese
- 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1 can (29-ounce) pumpkin puree
- 1 can (12-ounce) evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 yellow cake mix (dry)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon sugar mixture, optional
- whipped cream
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 80mins
Adapted from yourcupofcake.com
Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9 X 14 pan.
Using a mixer (a KitchenAid or hand held) combine cream cheese, powdered sugar and milk until smooth. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Pour into prepared pan.
Put cream cheese filling into a small ZipLock bag, and snip off the tip the make a mini piping bag. Then pipe over the pumpkin filling (see photo)
Pour the dry cake mix over the cream cheese layer then poke holes using the end of a wooden spoon or a table knife through the cake mix until you hit the filling (not to the bottom of the pan).
Pour melted butter over the dry cake mix.
Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the entire cake for extra flavor and crunch.
Bake for 40-50 minutes or until the top is browned and an instead knife comes out clean.
Let cool and serve with whipped cream! (Store in fridge)
You'll also love
- Beef and cheese lasagna 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Dirty Rice with Beans & Sausage 4.7/5 (19 Votes)
- Smoked Sausage & Spaghetti Skillet 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Fresh Blackberry Cobbler 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Lightened up Pumpkin Roll 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Pork and leek dumplings 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Baked Acorn Squash Fries 4/5 (73 Votes)
- Chocolate Mint Torte 4.7/5 (17 Votes)