Gorgonzola Crusted Scallops with Mango & Sweet Onion Ratatouille
This delectable gorgonzola crusted scallop dish has all the makings for a delicious meal, a little rich, a lot of healthy, and a lot of unique! This is definitely a winner when you want to go a little more gourmet!
- 1 mango, peeled, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 12 (10-20 count) large scallops
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Gorgonzola cheese
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 75mins
In 3-quart bowl combine mango, onion, scallions, tomatoes and basil. Fold in 2 tablespoons oil and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Let set for 1 hour.
In 10-inch sauté pan on rangetop over high heat, place one tablespoon oil.
Season scallops with salt and pepper. Place in hot pan and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Remove from heat and place 1 tablespoon cheese on top of each scallop. Place scallops on baking sheet.
Position oven rack to rack position 5. Place baking sheet in oven. Heat electric oven in CONVECTION BROIL 1. Broil for 4 minutes.
Place 1 1/4 cup ratatouille into center of plate and place 3 scallops on top.
You'll also love
- Autumn Roasted Veggie Salad 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Sesame Ginger Carrot Chips 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Seared Scallops with Tomato Water,... 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Stone Crab Cocktail 4.1/5 (13 Votes)
- Chocolate Lover's Cookies in a Jar 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Mac 'n cheese with wilted kale &... 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Gluten Free Gingerbread Cookies 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Pan Roasted Sausage Peppers Onions... 4.4/5 (9 Votes)