Yellow Lemon Rice
Saffron rice is dubbed the most expensive spice in the world. Sometimes, I like to make a simple “Yellow” Rice by using a tiny pinch of Tumeric— this gives rice a pretty yellow color, but doesn’t add any flavor to the rice. It’s a versatile way to make boring rice look pretty, with a variety of garnishes.
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 2 cups water or chicken stock (or half of each)
- 1/4 teaspoon tumeric
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Fresh minced parsley
- 1 cup of frozen peas (optional)
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com
Rinse the rice until the water is clear. Add the water or chicken stock and bring to a boil.
Simmer for about 20-25 minutes, covered.
Remove from heat. Fluff with a fork.
If desired, add lemon zest and lemon juice and fresh herbs.
Adding frozen peas gives the rice some contrast color, and you can sneak in some vegetables!
You'll also love
- Lemon Bars Perfected 4.4/5 (35 Votes)
- Garden Tomato soup with Cashew... 4.4/5 (36 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Chocolate Cobbler 4.1/5 (62 Votes)
- PEACH CAKE 4.4/5 (35 Votes)
- Strawberry Moscato Cupcakes 4.4/5 (35 Votes)
- Scalloped Potatoes au Gratin 4.6/5 (22 Votes)
- Rösti - German (or Swiss) Hash... 4.6/5 (24 Votes)
- Cucumber Salad with Lime... 4.7/5 (11 Votes)