Nigella Lawson's Linguine with Lemon, Garlic, and Thyme Mushrooms
- 4 cups (8 ounces) finely sliced cremini or button mushrooms
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Maldon or kosher salt or 1 1/2 teaspoons table salt
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme stripped to give 1 teaspoon leaves
- 1 pound linguine or other pasta shape
- 1 bunch fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves chopped, to give 1/2 cup
- 2 to 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
Adapted from food52.com
Slice the mushrooms finely, and put them into a large bowl with the oil, salt, garlic, lemon juice and zest, and gorgeously scented thyme leaves.
Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions and drain loosely retaining some water. Quickly put the pasta into the bowl with the mushroom mixture.
Toss everything together well, and then add the parsley, cheese, and pepper before tossing again. Eat with joy in your heart.
You'll also love
- Pressure Cooker 5-Minute Macaroni... 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Seared Sea Scallops 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Singapore Shrimp Noodles 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Fresh Strawberry Pie 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Blueberry Corn Muffins 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Quesadillas Stuffed with Mushrooms... 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Mushrooms Oriental 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Tuna Macaroni Salad 4.6/5 (18 Votes)