Zucchini-Walnut Bundt Cake with Chocolate Glaze
There's veggies in this delectable cake, so it's healthy right?! I think so!
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup applesauce
- 3 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons safflower oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups zucchini, grated
- 1 1/2 cups toasted walnuts, chopped
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 teaspoons whole milk
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 90mins
Adapted from prevention.com
Heat oven to 350°F.
Coat 12-cup Bundt pan with cooking spray.
Sift flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt together in large bowl. Set aside. Whisk applesauce, eggs, safflower oil, and vanilla extract in medium bowl. Stir in dry ingredients until combined. Fold in grated zucchini and walnuts until incorporated.
Pour into pan and bake until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Cool cake in pan 10 minutes, then remove and place on rack to cool.
Place heatproof bowl over, but not touching, barely simmering water. Add the chocolate, butter, and milk. Stir until melted and smooth. Spoon glaze over cake and let set slightly before serving.
You'll also love
- Avocado Toast with Goat Cheese &... 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Alton Brown’s Pumpkin Puree... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Zucchini & Asiago Cheese Panini 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Roasted Corn 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Shaved Zucchini Salad 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Chewy Oatmeal Date Raisin Cookies 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Bakewell Tart 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Low Carb White Birthday Cake 4.1/5 (23 Votes)