Feel-Good, Hearty Granola Bars
Feel-Good, Hearty Granola Bars are the perfect recipe to snack on while on-the-go. Whether the kids need a go-to after-school snack or you need a grab-and-go snack for that morning rush hour, this recipe is sure to become a favorite snack. These granola bars make a great breakfast on their own, but when you pair them with the yogurt flavor of your choice, they just get that much better.
- 1.5 cups mashed ripe banana, about 3 medium/large bananas
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats, use certified gluten-free if necessary
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup pepita seeds (shelled pumpkin seeds)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup hulled hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt or fine grain sea salt, or to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from ohsheglows.com
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a large rectangular 8.5x12.5-inch baking dish and line with a piece of parchment paper so the bars are easier to lift out.
In a large bowl, mash the banana until smooth. Stir in the vanilla.
Place the rolled oats into a food processor (or blender on the lowest speed) and pulse until the oats are coarsely chopped (but still with lots of texture). Stir oats into the banana mixture.
Chop the walnuts and cherries and stir all of the ingredients into the banana-oat mixture until thoroughly combined.
Spoon mixture into prepared dish. Press down until compacted and smooth out with hands until even. Use a pastry roller to smooth out if desired.
Bake for 23 to 27 minutes or until firm and lightly golden along the edge. Place dish on a cooling rack for 10 minutes then carefully slide a knife to loosen the ends and lift out. Place granola slab on a cooling rack for 10 minutes and then into the freezer for another 10 minutes.
Slice into bars once they are cool.
You'll also love
- Lattice-Topped Blackberry Cobbler 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Pie with Marshmallow... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Paula's Chicken Tomatillo Soup 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Shrimp, Scallop & Crab Ceviche... 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Korean Spicy Chicken Wings 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Crispy Fried Tamarind Chicken 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Granola Bars 4.3/5 (10 Votes)