Vegan Adonis Cake
Vegan chocolate cake for the Gods--moist and chocolaty. Jill made this cake for my 49th birthday party and it was a smash! The recipe comes from our good friend Betty and her wonderful eight-year old grandson Adonis.
By Betty Speer and Adonis
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1 (12-ounce) package silken soft tofu
- 3/4 cup dairy-free, semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare cake pan with non-stick cooking spray
In a mixing bowl combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and mix well. Add maple syrup, apple sauce, vinegar, vanilla and water and mix well
Pour into a 9x9 cake pan- nonstick or sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
Place the silken tofu in a food processor. Add the melted chocolate chips to the food processor and blend.
Add the vanilla and blend until chocolatey and creamy. Taste at this stage; if using grain-sweetened chips, you may want to add a bit more maple syrup –or not! Trust your own taste.
Use immediately or refrigerate until ready to use.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Makes- 1 9x9 cake
You'll also love
- The Best Banana Bread Muffins Ever 4.1/5 (21 Votes)
- Golden Summer Squash & Corn Soup 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Pie with Chocolate... 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Pistachio Wedding Cookies 4.1/5 (47 Votes)
- 2-Ingredient Fluff Cake 4.3/5 (28 Votes)
- Apricot Pound Cake 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- S' Mores Poke Cake 4.1/5 (28 Votes)