Lattice-Topped Blackberry Cobbler
Weave a lattice crust for the top of this blackberry cobbler. Finely ground almonds add unique flavor and texture to the top of a lush fruit filling.
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup whole almonds, toasted
- 6 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1 1/3 cups)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons ice water
- 10 cups fresh blackberries
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 80mins
Adapted from myrecipes.com
Place 1/3 cup granulated sugar and butter in a large bowl. Beat with a mixer until combined (about 1 minute). Add egg yolk, beating well. Stir in vanilla.
Place almonds in food processor. Pulse 10 times or until finely ground.
Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine nuts, flour, baking powder, and salt, stirring well with a whisk.
Gradually add nut mixture to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until a soft dough forms, adding 3 tablespoons ice water, as necessary.
Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead lightly 6 times or until smooth. Divide dough into 2 equal portions. Wrap each portion in plastic wrap. Chill 1 hour or until firm.
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Combine the remaining 2/3 cup granulated sugar, blackberries, cornstarch, and lemon juice and toss gently. Arrange berry mixture in a 13 by 9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray.
Unwrap chilled dough. Roll each dough portion into a 13 x 9-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface.
Cut one rectangle, crosswise, into 1-inch-wide strips. Cut remaining rectangle, lengthwise, into 1-inch-wide strips. Arrange strips in a lattice pattern over fruit mixture. Sprinkle dough with turbinado sugar.
Bake 50 minutes or until golden. Let stand 10 minutes.
You'll also love
- Sweet Potato Pie with Marshmallow... 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Creamed Corn Recipe 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Red Coconut Curry 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Lemon Meringue Tart 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Raspberry- Pineapple Granita 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Potato lángos: Hungarian fried... 4.2/5 (14 Votes)
- Vegan Blueberry Streusel Cake 4.2/5 (32 Votes)
- Vegan Adonis Cake 4.1/5 (47 Votes)