Strawberry & Basil Tea Sandwiches with Devonshire Cream
Use your favorite cookie cutter to mold these sandwiches into little works of art. They are perfect for an afternoon high tea!
- 5 ounces devonshire cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 8 slices white bread, very thinly sliced
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and thinly sliced into 24 pieces
- 3 large strawberries, very thinly sliced
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Combine the Devonshire cream, basil, and lemon zest in a small bowl. Fold until well combined.
Spread a thin layer of the cream on one side of each slice of bread.
Add an even layer of cucumber slices to four of the bread slices then top the cucumbers with an even layer of strawberry slices.
Place the other four slices of bread (with the cream) cream-side down on the strawberry slices. Slice the crust off the sandwiches.
Then slice each sandwich into 4 small triangles.
COOK'S NOTES: You can make your own Devonshire cream with cream cheese, sugar, and heavy cream. Just beat 4 oz of cream cheese with 1 tablespoon of sugar. Slowly add a 1/2 cup of heavy cream and mix until stiff peaks form.
You'll also love
- Mexican Shrimp & Scallops 4.3/5 (59 Votes)
- Cheesecake Factory Steak Diane 3.8/5 (400 Votes)
- Gone to Heaven Chocolate Pie 4.1/5 (107 Votes)
- Cheesy Chicken and Potato Casserole 4.5/5 (41 Votes)
- Red Lentil Soup 4.5/5 (46 Votes)
- Potato and Chop bake. 4.6/5 (40 Votes)
- Jicama-and-Citrus Salad 5/5 (6 Votes)
- Cherry Berry Ginger Smoothie Recipe 4.9/5 (16 Votes)
Review this recipe