Bisquick Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
A Bisquick way to make Pineapple Upside-Down Cake! This recipe is super simple to make because it utilizes store-bought ingredients so that you are that much closer to a delicious dessert. This recipe also comes together in about an hour and serves a crowd, for a dessert that is perfect for any occasion. Consider changing this recipe up by making a Banana Upside-Down Cake, Pear Upside-Down Cake, Raspberry Upside-Down Cake, or whatever type of Upside-Down Cake you would like to make.
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) can pineapple slices, drained, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, if desired
- maraschino cherries, if desired
- 1 1/2 cups Original Bisquick® mix
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup milk or water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Heat oven to 350°F. In 9-inch round pan or 8-inch square pan, melt butter in the oven. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over melted butter.
Arrange pineapple slices in single layer over sugar mixture. Sprinkle with pecans. Place a cherry in center of each pineapple slice (cherries with stems can be added after baking).
In a large bowl, beat remaining ingredients with electric mixer on low speed for about 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Then, beat on medium speed 4 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour batter over pineapple and cherries.
Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately place a heatproof serving plate upside down over pan; turn plate and pan over. Leave pan over cake a few minutes so brown sugar mixture can drizzle over cake; remove pan. Cool at least 10 minutes before serving. Store loosely covered.
Banana Upside-Down Cake: Omit pineapple, cherries, and pecans. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts over brown sugar mixture in pan. Cut 2 bananas into slices; arrange on brown sugar mixture.
Pear Upside-Down Cake: Substitute 1 large pear, thinly sliced, for the pineapple.
Raspberry Upside-Down Cake: Substitute 1 1/2 cups raspberries for the pineapple, granulated sugar for the brown sugar and sliced almonds for the pecans. Omit cherries. Decrease vanilla to 1/2 teaspoon; add 1/2 teaspoon almond extract.
You'll also love
- Cocoa-Nut Upside-Down Cake 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Italian Plum Upside Down Cake 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Hot Crawfish Dip 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Zucchini Lattice Lasagna 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Andouille Sausage and Cajun Shrimp... 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Chicken Liver Mousse Crostini with... 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Three Bean Salad 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Chicken & Avocado Causa 4/5 (3 Votes)