Corn Fritters Martha Stewart
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups yellow corn kernels (from 2 ears corn)
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Honey, for serving
1. In a large bowl, stir together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and cayenne. Add milk and egg to flour mixture and stir together to create a batter. Add corn and fold to combine.
2. Heat 4 inches oil in a large heavy-bottomed pot or Dutch oven over high heat until a deep-fry thermometer reaches 375 degrees. Working in batches, using a small ice cream scoop or two spoons, drop batter by the tablespoon into the oil. Cook, turning occasionally, until cooked through and deep-golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes; adjust heat as needed to keep oil temperature between 350 and 360 degrees. Transfer fritters to a paper-towel-lined baking sheet. Season to taste with salt, and serve immediately with honey.