Famous Soft Peanut Brittle-A Clone from the Davenport Hotel
This soft peanut brittle is a clone from the Davenport hotel in Spokane, WA and is world famous. It reminds me of the center of a Butter Fingers bar only with peanuts.
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup, plus 1 teaspoon water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups peanuts raw or roasted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 80mins
In a double boiler heat the peanut butter keeping it warm until needed.
In a large sauce pan combine the sugar, corn syrup and 1/4 cup of water.
Cook over high heat to 275°F, lower the heat to medium, add butter, stirring until melted. Add the peanuts and continue to stir until the candy starts turning brown and reaches 300°F ( about 5 minutes).
Remove from heat, stir in baking soda that has been dissolved in a teaspoon of water along with the vanilla. Working quickly, fold in the warm peanut butter until well blended.
Pour the candy onto a marble slab or greased cookie sheet spreading it 1/4 to 12 inch thick. Break into pieces after it has cooled
You'll also love
- Holiday Deep Fried Ham 3.8/5 (162 Votes)
- The Ultimate Green Bean Casserole... 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- King Arthur's Carrot Cake 4.3/5 (28 Votes)
- Old Fashioned Cornflake Candy 3.8/5 (112 Votes)
- Marshmallow Popcorn Balls 4.3/5 (26 Votes)
- Butter Toffee Brittle 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Peanut Brittle 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Peanut Brittle 0/5 (0 Votes)