Drop Butter Cookies with Variations
These buttery drop cookies are easily adapted to a variety of flavors, recipe includes variations for coconut, orange pecan, lemon nut or chocolate nut. No matter which one you choose you can't go wrong, they're all delicious! They serve a crowd and can be made in under 30 minutes. They make perfect food gifts or they make a scrumptious addition to any dessert spread.
- 1 cup sugar or brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Heat oven to 375°F.
In large bowl, combine sugar, butter, milk, vanilla, and 1 egg, blend well. Stir in flour, baking powder, and salt; blend well. Drop by rounded teaspoonsfuls, 1-inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake at 375°F for 9 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately remove from cookie sheet.
Coconut: Add 1 1/2 cups flaked coconut with flour.
Orange Pecan: Add 1/2 cup chopped pecans and 2 tables. grated orange zest with flour.
Lemon Nut: Add 1/2 cup chopped nuts and 2 teas. grated lemon zest with flour.
Chocolate Nut: Add 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa and 1/2 cup chopped nuts with flour.
You'll also love
- Christmas Pecan Balls 4.6/5 (311 Votes)
- Famous Soft Peanut Brittle-A Clone... 4.1/5 (48 Votes)
- The Ultimate Green Bean Casserole... 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Beef Stroganoff Stew 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Savory Herb Corn Muffins 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Old Fashioned Cornflake Candy 3.9/5 (66 Votes)
- Sweetie Pie's Candied Yams 4.1/5 (46 Votes)
- Cookie Bars 4.4/5 (25 Votes)