Bacon-Wrapped Turkey Breast
Prep time: 30 minutes
Grilling time: 1 to 1-1/4 hours
Special equipment: butcher's twine, large disposable foil pan, instant-read thermometer
- 1-1/2 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound sliced bacon
- 1 boneless, skinless turkey breast, about 2 pounds, butterflied
1. In a medium bowl combine the stuffing ingredients. The stuffing should be moist, mounding nicely on a spoon, but should not be sopping wet. Add more broth if needed.
2. Carefully place a large disposable foil pan underneath the cooking grate to catch the bacon grease. Prepare the grill for indirect cooking over high heat (450° to 550°F).
3. Place the butterflied turkey breast on a work surface between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pound to an even thickness. Spread the stuffing evenly over the turkey breast and then roll up the breast lengthwise to create a cylinder. Arrange the bacon slices on a work surface in 6 tightly spaced parallel stripes, overlapping the ends of 2 slices to make each stripe. Place the rolled turkey breast in the center of the bacon and then crisscross the bacon around the turkey. Tie the turkey with butcher's twine to create a uniform roast and to secure the bacon.
4. Brush the cooking grates clean. Center the turkey over the drip pan and grill over indirect high heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, until the internal temperature reaches 165ºF, 1 to 1-1/4 hours, turning occasionally to ensure the bacon gets crispy on all sides. Transfer to a carving board and let rest for 10 minutes (the internal temperature will rise 5° to 10°F during this time). Remove the twine and carve into 1-inch slices.
You'll also love
- 1SIDE DISH - Gullivers Corn 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Rice and Black Beans (Rice Cooker) 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Caribbean Jerk Pork Chops 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Breakfast Sausage Patties 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Easy Roasted Pork 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Crunchy Turkey Casserole 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Turkey Tetrazzini 4/5 (1 Votes)
- French Frisee Salad with Bacon and... 4/5 (1 Votes)