Low Fat Bisquick Crust Bacon and Cheese Quiche
- 8 slices bacon, cooked & chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped & sauteed
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped & sauteed
- 1/2 cup Bisquick (Heart Smart)
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or Lawry's Seasoned Salt if you have it!)
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat cheddar cheese, grated
Preheat oven to 350.
Cook the bacon in a medium frying pan. If you use turkey bacon I recommend spraying the pan with cooking spray.
After you have removed the bacon from the pan, use the same pan to sauté the onion and garlic over medium heat until softened.
While the onion and garlic cook, chop up the bacon.
In a large bowl beat the eggs and milk until just blended.
Add to that mixture the Bisquick, onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix by wire wisk for about 1 minute (some small Bisquick lumps are fine).
Spray pie plate or muffin tins with cooking spray.
Pour Bisquick mixture evenly into the pie plate or muffin tins.
Sprinkle bacon and cheese on top of egg mixture; gently press below surface with fork.
Bake the quiche until the top is golden-brown and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. If you have a thermometer the internal temperature of the quiche should be between 165 – 185 degrees Fahrenheit. Let stand at least 10 minutes before cutting.
Baking time: Pie plate - 40-50 minutes or Muffin tin - 20-25 minutes.
You'll also love
- Meatloaf (Cream of Mushroom Soup 2) 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Poor Man Layered Cabbage Casserole 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Italian Feast (Sunday Sauce with... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Salmon Topped with Spinach, Bacon,... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
Review this recipe