My whole family loves these Holiday Pinwheel cookies! We enjoy them often but the recipe as written works great to celebrate Christmas or St. Patrick's day. Have fun and enjoy!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Green food coloring
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 40mins
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in corn syrup and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Divide dough in half. To one portion, add peppermint extract and food coloring. Wrap each portion in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
On a baking sheet, roll out each portion between two sheets of waxed paper into a 14-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Remove waxed paper. Place plain rectangle over green rectangle. Roll up tightly jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350°F for 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
You'll also love
- Thai Coconut Curry Halibut with... 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
- Christmas Cherry Pie 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Bacon-Topped Green Bean Casserole 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Old-Fashioned Pound Cake 4.1/5 (28 Votes)
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Chewy Oatmeal Date Raisin Cookies 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Spinach & Artichoke Dip Stuffed... 3.9/5 (87 Votes)
- 2-Ingredient Chocolate Cake 4.2/5 (13 Votes)