Mardi Gras Jambalaya
Celebrate Mardi Gras and the tastes of the Bayou with this easy recipe for Mardi Gras Jambalaya. Warm and hearty this dish is the perfect main course for you Mardi Gras festivities. Serve this to the King of Mardi Gras and even he will be impressed with the rich flavors of sausage, shrimp, dry white wine, and festive Creole seasonings.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 pound smoked turkey sausage or andouille sausage, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1/2 pound shrimp, 41 to 50 count, peeled and deveined
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked long or whole-grain rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 green or red bell peppers, coarsely chopped
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 75mins
Adapted from mrfood.com
In a soup pot over medium heat, combine all ingredients; mix well.
Cover and cook 15 minutes.
Reduce heat to low and simmer 30 to 35 minutes, or until rice is cooked.
We recommend you keep the party going by topping off this meal with a plate of our delicious Mardi Gras Beignets!