Kielbasa, Pepper, Onion and Potato Hash
Kielbasa, Pepper, Onion and Potato Hash is an easy to make, healthy and delicious meal that comes together in just 15 minutes, featuring tons of fresh veggies and lean turkey kielbasa.
- 1 (14 ounce) package turkey kielbasa, cut into 1/4 inch rounds
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow, red or orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 small or 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Adapted from thetwobiteclub.com
In a heavy bottomed skillet (I like to use my cast iron), heat 2 tbsp of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes to the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Fry until golden brown and cooked through, around 8-10 minutes, stirring a few times to ensure even browning.
In a separate skillet, brown the sliced kielbasa for around 5 minutes in 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium high heat. Remove the kielbasa from the pan and set aside. Add the peppers and onions to the skillet and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, or until softened, stirring occasionally.
Add the cooked potatoes and kielbasa to the skillet with the onions and peppers and mix everything together. Serve nice and hot!
I use two skillets to make this recipe. I used to make it in one, but something always came out wrong. I've learned that when I cook my potatoes in a separate skillet they cook more evenly and stay nice any crispy when they're added to the other ingredients right before serving.
Sometimes I'll add some minced garlic to the peppers and onions, but it tastes just as good without it.
You'll also love
- Copycat's Cracker Barrel Fried... 4.3/5 (29 Votes)
- Gnocchi & Sausage in Red Sauce 4.3/5 (26 Votes)
- No-Bake Strawberry Banana Pudding... 4.3/5 (30 Votes)
- Cucumber Bites with Herbed Cream... 3.9/5 (46 Votes)
- American Chop Suey Crockpot Meal 4.1/5 (43 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pizzelles 3.8/5 (121 Votes)
- Rustic Tuscan-Style Sausage, White... 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Smoky Sweet Potato Hummus 4.5/5 (10 Votes)