APPLE JUICE TURKEY BRINE
GREAT THANKSGIVING TURKEY BRINE
- 1 gallon apple juice, chilled
- 1 cup Kosher Salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
Mix all ingredients in a non-reactive container until dissolved. If you are using a salt other than Diamond Crystal Kosher salt, substitute 3/4 cup Morton Kosher Salt, or 1/2 cup pickling salt, or 1/2 cup of non-iodized table salt.
Rinse turkey, and pat dry with paper towels. Then immerse turkey in the cooled brine. Turkey should be completely submerged in liquid (place a plate on top of the bird if necessary to keep it covered with the liquid).
Cover the pot and refrigerate for 8-12 hours.
After brining, rinse the turkey and pat dry with paper towels. If you have the time, place on a rack over a rimmed baking sheet and allow to air-dry 8-12 hours in the refrigerator. This helps create crispy skin during cooking
You'll also love
- Sweet Potato Pie 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Veal Chops with Port Gorgonzola... 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- German Apple Pancake 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Mozzarella Stuffed... 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Turkey Meat Loaf - Rachael Ray 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Turkey Burgers with Avocado Sauce 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Turkey Brine 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Honey & Sage Brined Deep Fried... 3.8/5 (19 Votes)