APPLE JUICE TURKEY BRINE
GREAT THANKSGIVING TURKEY BRINE
- 1 gallon apple juice, chilled
- 1 cup Kosher Salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
Mix all ingredients in a non-reactive container until dissolved. If you are using a salt other than Diamond Crystal Kosher salt, substitute 3/4 cup Morton Kosher Salt, or 1/2 cup pickling salt, or 1/2 cup of non-iodized table salt.
Rinse turkey, and pat dry with paper towels. Then immerse turkey in the cooled brine. Turkey should be completely submerged in liquid (place a plate on top of the bird if necessary to keep it covered with the liquid).
Cover the pot and refrigerate for 8-12 hours.
After brining, rinse the turkey and pat dry with paper towels. If you have the time, place on a rack over a rimmed baking sheet and allow to air-dry 8-12 hours in the refrigerator. This helps create crispy skin during cooking
You'll also love
- American Chop Suey Crockpot Meal 4.1/5 (54 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pizzelles 3.7/5 (153 Votes)
- Baked Parmesan Zucchini 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Homemade Cheeseburger Hamburger... 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Easy Strawberry Cake 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Avocado Egg Rolls with Creamy... 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Peppered Bacon Wrapped Turkey Pub... 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Turkey-Vegetable Pot Pie 4.5/5 (10 Votes)