Copycat's Cracker Barrel Fried Apples Recipe
A great fall or holiday apple dessert recipe to impress your family and dinner party guests.
- 2 1/2 cups apple juice
- 4 large apples, golden delicious with peel, cut into 1/2 inch wedges
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice (See NOTE below)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from secretcopycatrestaurantrecipes.com
In a medium skillet, combine the 2 cups apple juice and sliced apples.
Simmer gently until apples are fork tender but not mushy, turning apples frequently.
Remove apples from juice using a slotted spoon and place in an oven safe dish.
In a blender, combine the remaining 1/2 cup apple juice, corn starch, apple pie spice (See NOTE below) and sugar.
Blend a few seconds until smooth.
Whisk the mixture into hot apple juice in skillet and cook, stirring constantly on medium high heat until it bubbles and becomes thickened and smooth.
Pour thickened mixture over apples and serve.
Apple pie spice is typically available at your local store's spices aisle under McCormick brand. If you cannot find it, you can make your own by combining 4 teaspoons of ground cinnamon, 2 teaspoons of ground nutmeg and 1 teaspoon ground cardamom in a small bowl. Store excess mix spices in a sealed jar.
You'll also love
- Gnocchi & Sausage in Red Sauce 4.1/5 (28 Votes)
- No-Bake Strawberry Banana Pudding... 4.2/5 (42 Votes)
- Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate... 4.3/5 (26 Votes)
- Dill & Sea Salt Roasted Chickpeas 4.3/5 (25 Votes)
- Cucumber Bites with Herbed Cream... 3.7/5 (74 Votes)
- Homemade Butterscotch Krimpets 3.8/5 (143 Votes)
- APPLE JUICE TURKEY BRINE 4/5 (54 Votes)
- Apple Streusel Slab Pie 4.5/5 (10 Votes)