Gnocchi & Sausage in Red Sauce
Adapted recipe by williams-kitchen
Original recipe by Manu’s Menu
- For the Tomato Sauce
- 15 oz. can crushed tomato
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 10 basil leaves
- Salt to taste
- For the Final Dish
- 1.1 lbs potato gnocchi, cooked
- 1 link sweet Italian sausage, cooked & sliced
- 5.5 oz. fresh mozzarella (3.5 oz. cubed, 2 oz. sliced)
- 2 oz. Parmigiano Reggiano
- Tomato sauce
Start by preparing the tomato sauce. Put the extra virgin olive oil in a pot with the peeled whole onion. Sauté it for a couple of minutes then add the tomato purée, some salt and half the basil. Cover it and cook for 15 to 20 minutes on a low flame, or until thickened.
When ready, remove the onion, add the cubed mozzarella to it and mix it with a wooden spoon for a few minutes. Make sure the mozzarella is nicely melted and there are no lumps in the sauce. Add the rest of the basil (roughly chopped). Add half the Parm to the sauce and stir. Add cooked Gnocchi, and cooked sausage slices to sauce and stir.
Grease an oven proof dish (I used 2 individual dishes, but you can also use 1 and then divide them in plates when ready). Pour the gnocchi mixture in it, top with the mozzarella slices and the remaining thinly grated Parmigiano Reggiano.
Put the gnocchi in the oven and broil them for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese melts and becomes golden.
You'll also love
- No-Bake Strawberry Banana Pudding... 4.3/5 (35 Votes)
- Dill & Sea Salt Roasted Chickpeas 4.3/5 (25 Votes)
- APPLE JUICE TURKEY BRINE 4.1/5 (44 Votes)
- American Chop Suey Crockpot Meal 4.1/5 (54 Votes)
- Rustic Tuscan-Style Sausage, White... 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Israeli Couscous with Lemon, Mint,... 4/5 (27 Votes)
- BLT Pasta Salad Recipe 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- PORK SAUSAGE & TOMATO RIGATONI 4.5/5 (10 Votes)