Italian Anise Cookies
Anise extract in both the cookie and the glaze give this sweet handheld dessert an exotic flavor that will have everyone asking for seconds!
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons anise extract
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 cups flour
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon anise extract
- Sprinkles, for decorating
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from bing.com
Preheat oven to 350°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, sugar, extract and baking powder.
Add vegetable oil and milk, then the flour, one cup at a time, blending well after each addition.
Pinch off walnut-sized pieces of dough and roll smooth between your palms. Flour your hands if the dough is too sticky.
Arrange the balls of dough 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until bottoms of the cookies are a light golden brown. The tops will still be pale.
Remove from oven, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Combine glaze ingredients in a bowl until just smooth. You want it more thick than thin, but still runny.
Dip the tops of the cooled cookies into the glaze, then return them to the wire rack, allowing the glaze to drip down the sides of each cookie.
Top with sprinkles.
You'll also love
- Baked Potato Slices 4.5/5 (49 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Orange Glazed Pork... 4.6/5 (42 Votes)
- Peaches and Cream Cake 4.5/5 (48 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Pound Cake 4.5/5 (46 Votes)
- Easy Cherry Pie Sugar Cookie Bars 4.1/5 (90 Votes)
- Grilled Chicken with Anise 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Anise Biscotti Recipe 4.5/5 (14 Votes)